Monday, January 4, 2010

Word Vanity

I really need to start writing earlier in the day.

I also need at least another ninety-three words to reach my 500.

You see how I typed out "ninety-three" up there? That, my friends, is technically correct grammar. When using a number in text, it should be written out in words - being that text is indeed words.

Why then didn't I write out "500"? The 500 is a title of a challenge - it's used as a proper noun. And proper nouns are written as they are given, even if it's not grammatically correct.

That up there is ninety-five words that I can add to my word count that currently consists of a badly-written press-release and some mumbling that will soon be on the BNO calendar. Tomorrow, I think I have two more press releases to write, and several emails. Hopefully I won't be so lazy, and I'll write some fiction to count toward my 500 for the day, instead of using all of the non-fiction announcements and garbly-gook that needs to be written. My point here? Stay tuned for some exciting news, and an event coming up in March at A Novel Adventure.

End word count (including this blog): 607.

No comments:

Post a Comment