Friday, August 16, 2013

Productivity

Productivity is harder than one might think, especially for a girl who does too much; has her hand in too many pots. Do I work on this project or that one? What happens when I have a bit of inspiration for the project I'm not working on?

Why do I always have inspiration for the project that isn't due right now; that has no technical due date?

I try to give myself little windows of time. I know that I run in sprints of 20 minutes and two hours. Sometimes, satisfying the thing that isn't necessary right this minute for 20 minutes gives me the ability to focus for those two hours and knock something else out with a more pressing time line.

Sometimes it backfires, and I move on to another 20 minute window of something.

Regardless, it all gets done. Everything gets wrapped up in a neat little bow, and the box is ticked as complete. Eventually. 20 minutes and 2 hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment